1. Hedgcoth, C., El-shehawi, A.M., Wei, P., Clarkson, M. and Tamalis, D. 2002. A chimeric open reading frame associated with cytoplasmic male sterility in alloplasmic wheat with Triticum timopheevi mitochondria is present in several Triticum and Aegilops species, barley and rye. Curr Genet. 41: 357-365
2. El-shehawi, A.M., Elseehy, M.M. and Hedgcoth, C. 2003. orf256-coxI RNA binds to wheat mitochondrial proteins. Arab J. Biotech. 6: 29-38
3. El-shehawi, A.M., Zhan, W. and Hedgcoth, C. 2004. A mitochondrial sequence- specific mRNA editing activity present in Triticum aestivum but not in T. timopheevi. Egypt. J. Genet. Cytol. 32:59-72.
4. El-Shehawi, A.M. Hedgcoth, C. 2004. Affinity purification of orf256-coxI RNA binding proteins from wheat (Triticum aestivum) mitochondria. Mansura University Journal of Agricultural Sciences. 29(3):1215-1226.
5. Ali, F.K. and El-Shehawi, A.M. 2006. Semiquantitatve and cDNA sequence analysis of growth hormone gene expression in common carp (Cyprinuscarpio) and Tilapia (Oreochromisniloticus). Egyt. J. Genet. Cytol. 35:95-103.
6. El-Shehawi, A.M., Ali, F.K. and Seehy, M.A. 2007. Estimation of water pollution by genetic biomarkers in tilapia and catfish species shows species-site interaction. African J. Biotechnology. 6 (7): 840-846.
7. Heikal, H. A., Mabrouk, Y., Badawy, O.M., El-Shehawi, A. M. and Badr, E.A. 2007. Fingerprinting of Egyptian gramineae species using Rapid Amplified Polymerase DNA (RAPD) and Inter-simple Sequence Repeat (ISSR) markers. Res. J. Cell & Mol. Biol. 1(1): 15 – 22.
8. El-Shehawi, A.M., Tamalis, D.; Elseehy, M.M., Muthukrishnan, S. and Hedgcoth, C. 2007. Expression of orf256, a wheat mitochondrial gene associated with cytoplasmic male sterility, in Escherichia coli. Arab J. Biotechnology. 10(1): 57 - 68.
9. Ibrahim, A.M.F., Abdelaziz, A.M., Abou Gabal, A.A., El-Shehawi, A.M. and Abd El-Sattar, M. 2007. Phylogenetic relationships between some Prunus species using morphological and molecular markers. Alex. J. Agric. Res. 52(1): 63 – 73.
10. Ali, F.K.; El-Shehawi, A.M. and Seehy, M.A. 2008. Micronucleus test in fish genome: A sensitive monitor for aquatic pollution. African J. Biotechnology. 7(5): 606 – 612.
11. Maghraby, M El-Shehawi, A.M 2010. Genetic Diversity in Bread Wheat as Revealed by RAPD Markers and Its Relationship to Leaf Rust and Hybrid Performance. Alex. J. Agric. Res 55: 31 -.38.